Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crafts and Hobbies #66: Knitting & Crocheting

I have crocheted before, but never knew the history and that was interesting. I tried knitting, but for someone as uncoordinated as I am, just using one implement seemed to work better. I've made several items, but my favorite is an afghan with a zigzag pattern. The websites with crochet "how to" and various patterns were good. I especially liked a video on how to crochet a necklace. It was done on a thin wire with beads- I didn't know that wire would be pliable enough. I may have to try it. I haven't crocheted in a while and this exercise has renewed my interest. I'm going yarn shopping! Our library has a Knowledge Exchange on Fri. afternoons. All ages are welcome to come, converse, and learn to knit and crochet.

No comments: