Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 6: #15 On Library 2.0

The perspectives I read were both interesting and troubling. Every article seemed to be saying that libraries need more electronic information and less hard-bound,hold-it-in -your hand type resources. I agree, to a point. Libraries have walls and can only hold so much physical resources. However, I like the idea of taking a book off a shelf, examining it, and then being able to take it home with me. What about the reliability of the source of information on the web? Who verifies it? Call me old fashioned, but I like the way you can interact with a real live person in the form of a librarian. The internet is alright, but here's hoping librarians, with all their friendliness AND knowledge, will always be a part of the library system.

No comments: